ABOUT THE LIBRARY

Library Hours:

Sundays – Closed
Mondays – 2 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Tuesdays – 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Wednesdays – 2 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Thursdays  –  10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Fridays – Closed
Saturdays  –  9 a.m. to 1 p.m

Library Staff:

  • Director-Deborah Dutcher
  • Children’s Librarian-Cheryl Ingerson
  • Program Librarian-Frances Nash
  • Library Clerk-Joli White
  • Library Clerk-Kathryn Ingerson
  • Library Clerk-Florence Omar
  • Library Clerk-Barbara Sullivan
  • Custodian-Dennis Ashland

Library Trustees:

  • Carrie James
  • Diane Miller
  • Alice Tuson

Library History

Over a century ago, William Maxfield, a man with a vision, left $2,000 in his will “to be used to establish a public library” in the town of Loudon. Library Trustees purchased land and on June 24, 1909 the original 750 square foot building opened with 1,065 books and 274 borrowers. In 1995 in a vote at town meeting, the people of Loudon gave their approval for an addition to be built to the original building. Opening day for the expanded library was June 23, 1996.

Library Policies:

Policies – By-Laws

Operating Policy

Policies – meeting room – rev. 11-14

Policies – Computer and Internet 11-09 – revisions 9-14

Donation Policy

Safe Child Policy – revised 10-14

Library Trustee Meeting Minutes:

FY 2015-2016

FY 2016-2017

FY 2017-2018